This week’s challenge from Tonia’s Roots is to review my last five posts, brainstorming ideas about how each post might be extended — for example:
- Pick up a question or idea from the comments
- Explore the opposite point of view from the post
- If you do news posts or press releases, then write an opinion piece
- Take a theoretical post and write a “how-to” on the same subject
- Expand on ideas you may have glossed over in the first post
As often happens with my research, one thing leads to another which goes in a different direction which… In short, reviewing my five most recent posts led me back to many previous posts and even to emails about posts. I didn’t even try to “mind map” the circuitous route that lead to the following ideas for new posts:
- Since this is my 99th post, my next post is #100. What have I learned about blogging and about genealogy at this mile marker along the adventuresome genealogy highway?
- Picking up an old theme in my blog: Blogging my Ahnentafel – I would do separate posts on John Brenner (#16), Mary Ellen Cole (#9), Edward Herman Mieding (#10).
- “Slogging Thru the Citation Maze” (a comment by Geder Genealogy)
- Genealogy Feeding Frenzy (pick another of my ancestors for whom I have little information).
- “The Cosmic Genealogy Blog Club” ( a comment by by Tony Timmons – Ancestral Wormhole)
- “Multiple Personality Disorder” Genealogy / Genealogists (a comment by Jill Ball – Geniaus)
- “Pirates of the Caribbean” Genealogy — Redux (an old blog post of mine)
- Genealogical “Meandering” (a comment by Greta Koehl – Greta’s Genealogy Blog)
- “On Listening to the Genealogy Gods” (opposite point of view re: recent post of mine)
- “Forward to the Basics” (What are genealogy basics in a Web 2.0 / 3.0 world?)
- My Experience with Research Summaries (a goal I set as part of the US-REC study group)